Celebrating Sweet 16 Years of Coaster101 With a Giveaway
Happy birthday to us! Today we’re celebrating 16 years online, and to commemorate our “Sweet 16,” we’re giving away 16 prizes. Yep, you read that right — 16! Keep reading to learn how to enter.
Coaster101 Sweet 16 Giveaway
To celebrate our 16th birthday, we’re giving you the chance to win 1 of 8 Coaster101 Prize Packs (filled with Coaster101 swag and souvenirs from parks across the country) or 1 of 8 shopping sprees in our TeePublic store ($30 max value)!
You can enter once per entry method (see below). Enter now through tomorrow, Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Winners will be selected at randomly shortly thereafter.
There are three ways to enter the giveaway:
1. Leave us a happy birthday comment at the bottom of this post.
- Post a comment with a happy birthday message (or anything you’d like to share with us).
- Double check that your email address is correct — that’s how we’ll contact you if you win.
2. Enter on Instagram.
To earn an entry on Instagram, complete the following for the post embedded below:
- Follow @Coaster101 on Instagram (if you aren’t already).
- Like the Instagram post.
- Reply and tag two coaster enthusiast friends in the comments section.
Bonus entry: you can get a bonus entry by sharing the post on your Instagram Story and tagging @Coaster101.
View this post on Instagram
3. Enter on Twitter.
To earn an entry on Twitter, complete the following for the tweet embedded below.
- Follow @Coaster101 on Twitter (if you aren’t already).
- Retweet the tweet.
- Reply to the tweet @ mentioning two coaster enthusiast friends.
We're celebrating our Sweet 16 birthday with a giveaway! For a chance to win a C101 Prize Pack or TeePublic Shopping Spree, (1) follow us, (2) retweet this tweet and (3) reply to the tweet and @ two coaster enthusiast friends. pic.twitter.com/7ECSGLdMQX
— Coaster101.com (@Coaster101) June 15, 2021
Rules and Fine Print
- You must be at least 13 years old to enter.
- We are only able to ship prizes to US addresses.
- One entry per person per entry method.
- Winners will be drawn at random.
- The TeePublic shopping spree has a max value of $30 (not including tax/shipping).
- Winners will be contacted via email (if entering on the site) or via direct message (Instagram and Twitter). Make sure that you use the correct email address and are able to receive direct messages from accounts who do not follow you.
- Winners have 24 hours to respond with their mailing address. Otherwise, we will select another winner.
- Prizes will be shipped within 2 weeks.
Take a Trip Down Coaster101 Memory Lane
Last year, we went all out for our 15th birthday with the 15-day “15 to 15” series, where we looked back at some of our favorite content from our 15 years online:
- Counting Down to Coaster101’s 15th Birthday
- Q&A With Our Newest Writer, Rachel Hawkins
- 15 Rides from TV and Film That We’d Like To Ride
- Our 15 Favorite Coasters of the Coaster101 Era
- 15 Favorite Lists and Rankings
- Our 15 Favorite Experiences at the Parks
- 15 of Our Favorite Non-Coaster Rides in North America
- Our 15 Most Memorable First Ride Events
- Our 15 Favorite Food Posts
- Our 15 Favorite Coaster Construction Tours
- 15 Roller Coasters We Haven’t Ridden…Yet
- Our 15 Favorite Educational Articles
- Our 15 Favorite Interviews
- Our 15 Most-Read Posts of All Time
Compiling these lists brought back a lot of great memories and reminded us of what all we’ve done in these 15 years.
As always, I am incredibly grateful for the team of writers who keep this site going. The site simply wouldn’t exist today (at least not in its current form) without their tireless dedication to producing content that you can’t find anywhere else on the web.
And just as importantly, if not more, I am grateful for our readers. Our work would mean nothing without your support.
Coaster101 Through the Years
The look of the website has changed (fairly drastically) over the years. And we’ve grown both in the number of readers and writers.
As always, thank you for your support of this small slice of the coaster community.
– The Coaster101 Team