We are always looking for people who are passionate about roller coasters and the amusement industry to join the Coaster101 team. And we’re just that: a team. We work together to help grow Coaster101 and move it forward in an ever-changing digital landscape. We also like to have fun—this is a roller coaster website, after all.
Benefits of joining the Coaster101 team include:
- Your work seen by thousands of readers each week
- Access to media-only roller coaster events
- Invites to special coaster enthusiast-exclusive events
- Extended ride time on your favorite roller coasters at select events
- Free Coaster101 apparel
- Working with a motivated team of people who love roller coasters
- Resume-building skills such as using the WordPress blogging platform, writing, editing, posting social media content and more
- You love roller coasters (that’s a given)
- You travel to amusement parks at least a few times each year
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You should have a basic understanding of the English language and grammar (familiarity with AP Style or writing for the media is a plus)
- You have the time to contribute at least two posts on the website per month
- You can provide a link to a writing, video, etc. sample of previous work (doesn’t necessarily have to be related to roller coasters)
Open positions are listed below. Use the form at the bottom of this page to apply for a position. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Writers are the backbone of Coaster101. On average, they contribute at least two posts (an article, review, interview, trip report, etc.) each month. Applicants should be able to write using proper English grammar. Knowledge of AP Style is a plus, but a willingness to learn is great, too. Writers should also visit amusement parks a few times a year, at least. When applying, please include a writing sample (or a link)—it doesn’t have to be coaster-related. This is an excellent opportunity for aspiring writers to build their clip files.
We’re currently looking for writers in these specific regions:
- Northeast (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, etc.)
- Rocky Mountain region (Colorado, Idaho, Utah, etc.)
- Southern California
If you enjoy staying up-to-date on the latest roller coaster and amusement industry news, then the “News Editor” position was created just for you. The News Editor will find amusement industry news items and either write stories about them or forward them to the other writers. Applicants should be able to write using proper English grammar. Knowledge of AP Syle is a plus, but a willingness to learn is great, too. When applying, please include a writing sample (or a link)—it doesn’t have to be coaster-related.
We are looking for an advanced videographer who is willing to take their video camera with them when they go to parks to film roller coasters and conduct interviews at media events. When applying, please include a link to previous video work (does not have to involve roller coasters). You must be at least 18 years old to apply for this position.
If you’d like to share a guest blog post, email a pitch to info[at]coaster101.com.