We are looking for writers and other content creators who are passionate about roller coasters and the amusement industry to join the Coaster101 team. And we’re just that: a team. We work together to help grow Coaster101 and innovate in an ever-changing digital landscape. We also like to have fun—this is a roller coaster website, after all!
To maintain the high quality content we offer our readers, we have high expectations for ourselves and prospective team members:
- You love roller coasters, amusement parks and theme parks (that’s a given).
- You travel to amusement parks at least a few times each year.
- You’re at least 21 years old.
- You have a solid understanding of the English language and correct grammar usage.
- You have (at least) some writing experience. A familiarity with AP Style or another digital/media writing style guide is a plus.
- You have experience or at least knowledge of major social media platforms, primarily Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- You have the time to contribute at least two posts on the website per month, as well as some social media content.
- You can provide a link to a writing, video, etc. sample of previous work (it doesn’t necessarily have to be related to roller coasters).
- Experience with WordPress or a similar blogging platform/content management system is a big plus.
While writing for Coaster101 is unpaid, benefits of joining the team can include:
- Your work seen by tens of thousands of readers each week
- Access to media-only roller coaster and other amusement industry events
- Extended ride time on your favorite roller coasters at select events
- Free Coaster101 apparel and other gear
- Working with a motivated team of people who love roller coasters
- Resume-building skills such as using the WordPress blogging platform, writing, editing, posting social media content and more
Open positions are listed below. Use the form at the bottom of this page to apply for a position. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Writers are the backbone of Coaster101. On average, they contribute at least two posts (an article, review, interview, trip report, etc.) each month, although they often post more during the coaster season. Applicants should be able to write using proper English grammar. Knowledge of AP Style is a plus, but a willingness to learn is great, too. Writers should also visit amusement parks several times a year, at least. When applying, please include a writing sample (or a link). While preferred, the sample does not have to be coaster-related. This is an excellent opportunity for aspiring writers to build their clip files.
We’re currently looking for writers in these specific regions:
- Northeast (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, etc.)
- Rocky Mountain region (Colorado, Idaho, Utah, etc.)
- Southern California
- Central Florida
If you enjoy staying up-to-date on the latest roller coaster and amusement industry news, then the “News Editor” position was created just for you. The News Editor will find amusement industry news items and either write stories about them or forward them to the other writers. Applicants should be able to write using proper English grammar. Knowledge of AP Syle is a plus, but a willingness to learn is great, too. When applying, please include a writing sample (or a link)—it doesn’t have to be coaster-related.
We are looking for an advanced videographer who is willing to take their video camera with them when they go to parks to film roller coasters and conduct interviews at media events. When applying, please include a link to previous coaster- or park-related video work.
Social Media Editor
The Social Media Editor has extensive experience with the major social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. This person is on these platforms throughout the day and is able to engage with followers and industry accounts such as parks, share content from the site and stay up-to-date with the latest social media trends. Experience or knowledge of up-and-coming platforms such as TikTok is a plus.
If you can’t commit to full time writing for us, but you’d like to share a guest blog post, email a pitch to info[at]coaster101.com.