A Ranking of Hersheypark’s Roller Coasters from a First-Timer

10. Sidewinder

Wood
    1. Lightning Racer
    2. Comet
    3. Wildcat

3. Shelley Lester says:

I love riding in the back of sky rush because you don’t stop at the top it just pulls you straight down!!!

4. Geoff says:

The wing seats on Skyrush provide the best effect as their position amplifies the turns, etc. That being said, the front provides the smoothest ride, whereas the rear provides the “roughest” ride. The wing seats in the back are by the far the most intense on the whole train. I can’t put my arms up in the back row at all due to the way it pulls you over the hill and the whipping effect that is typical in the rear of a train. The non-wing seats (in all rows) provide a smoother ride compared to the wing seats. I’m a season pass holder and rode almost non-stop the other night from 9:30-11 as it was virtually walk-on. The backside of my calves were bruised the next day from “hooking” the seat during the ejector air time :D. The top of my thighs were sore to the touch the next day as well. But those 15+ rides were worth it! It’s a beast of a machine and not for everyone, that’s for sure.

5. Zachary says:

First, sitting in the middle seat on Skyrush is the best.Second,I love coaster roars too, especially The Joker:Free Fly Coaster.Last, great ranking!

6. hopscans says:

I can’t believe you didn’t like Wild Mouse! Easily the best one I’ve ever been on, leaving the brakes off unlike so many of the clones is a real treat. Sidewinder is a real back-car ride, the G’s (5.2 I believe!) in the loop heading backwards are incredible and really make up for the mild roughness–still there with the new trains, but the headbanging is gone and that’s all that matters to me.

Skyrush is just…wow. That’s all I got.

For me:

1. Skyrush
    2. Storm Runner
    3. Great Bear
    4. Fahrenheit
    5. Lightning Racer
    6. Wildcat
    7. Comet
    8. Sooperdooperlooper
    9. Sidewinder
    10. Wild Mouse
    11. Trailblazer
    xx. Laff Track

(I haven’t ridden Laff Track yet.)