Two New Kids Areas for Six Flags over Georgia in 2016
Six Flags over Georgia is planning not one but two new kids areas for the 2016 season: a DC Super Friends area and a Bugs Bunny Boomtown area. Combined, the two areas will bring 12 new rides and attractions to the amusement park.
Watch a video highlighting the two areas below:
The original Dolphin Show area, which has remained at the park since the 1990’s, will be transformed into the epicenter for the all-new DC Super Friends kids’ area and will feature 5 new attractions, including:
- Superman Tower of Power, which releases the dare devil in the bravest of souls throughout this 65-foot tall bouncing thrill ride;
- The Batcopters, an opportunity to help save the City of Gotham by flying high in the sky;
- Wonder Woman Flight School, where pilots can take flight and control their own invisible jet;
- Harley Quinn Mirror Maze, filled with disproportioned mirrors and devious stares; and
- The Joker Funhouse Coaster, the ultimate family thrill ride to show no fear and conquer the Super-Villain through 900 feet of track at 30 miles per hour.
The park’s current children’s area, Bugs Bunny World, will be re-themed to Bugs Bunny Boomtown and feature seven attractions, including:
- Daffy Ducks Bucket Blasters, a wild and crazy family water battle;
- Speedy Gonzales Speed Boats, where guests will be screaming “Andale Andale” on six speed boats;
- Bugs Bunny High Sea Adventure, a chance to fly through the air on a junior sea-worthy quest;
- Yosemite Sam’s Wacky Wagons, an old western spin on a junior ferris wheel perfect for junior cowpokes;
- Looney Tunes Adventure Camp, an interactive playground with Bugs Bunny and all the Looney Tunes characters;
- Acme Trucking Company, a monster truck driving voyage to help Wile E. Coyote try to capture the Road Runner; and
- Tweety’s Tweehouse, a 20-foot up and down journey into the little chirping bird’s nest.
Bugs Bunny Boomtown is scheduled to open for the 2016 season in early spring and the DC Super Friends themed area is scheduled to open Memorial Day weekend.
“These two new sections of the park will offer families hours and hours of fun with attractions mom, dad and the kids can experience together,” said Park President Dale Kaetzel. “This latest expansion continues our multi-year plan to provide thrills for guests of all ages and includes the addition of Hurricane Harbor in 2014, two new devious rides in Gotham City in 2015 and other additions planned for the future.”
What do you think about Six Flags over Georgia’s 2016 plans? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.