Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Announces Batman 4D Coaster
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom today announced plans to open Batman: The Ride, a 4D “free spin” wing coaster, in 2019.
On Batman: The Ride, riders will “flip head-over-heels at least six times along a weightless, tumbling journey with unexpected drops and vertical free-falls.”
Batman: The Ride is an S&S Sansei Technologies “free spin” 4D coaster model, which has opened at several Six Flags properties over the past several years (read our review of one of those models: Joker at Six Flags Great America).
“As the world leader in thrills, Six Flags continues to raise the bar to deliver the most unique and innovative experiences in the industry,” said Park President Don McCoy.
McCoy continued, “On Batman: The Ride, riders are suspended outward on either side of the track as the cars flip continuously throughout the course of the ride. This coaster is a game-changer and the perfect complement to our already impressive DC Super Hero and Super-Villain lineup which includes Superman Ultimate Flight, The Joker and Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster.”
The ride will open up in a spot currently taken up by the Go-Karts, and in some ways completes the DC themed corner of the park, as McCoy pointed out.
Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Features:
- A massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design;
- One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips, giving guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track;
- 4D wing vehicles that seat up to eight per vehicle with a total of five vehicles;
- Face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head-over-heels;
- A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift; and
- Two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling.
Batman: The Ride Animation:
Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is scheduled to open in 2019 (no specific timeframe was released by the park).
For more information, visit the Six Flags Discovery Kingdom website.
What are your thoughts on Six Flags Discovery Kingdom’s 2019 plans? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.