How to Cope With Not Getting a Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group

1. Michael H says:

I went to Disneyland on my 40th Birthday in February, hoping it would be a slow month…only to find everyone had the same idea I had!

After getting errors, got Group 108, but didn’t hold out much hope, even though some people had said they had gotten up into groups 115-125 in recent weeks at Disneyland.

As the day wore on, I kept checking, but finally at 9pm, the sign went up that Group 90 was the final one.

So, I had a CM snap a pic of me giving my best “NNNOOOOOOO” pose, before giving a sad confession to Chewie as he came on by, and he gave me a hug (probably the last time I’ll have interaction wih a face-character!).

After that, I had begun to consider going back later in the year, or even going to WDW. However, when Covid hit and places started to close for safety, I put such thoughts aside (I would like to ride ROTR one day, but not take the risk of my lungs becoming infected and dying before I reach 45).

And so, I wait for the day when I may one day be able to board the ride, and I wonder, will it make me shed tears when after 2-3 years, I finally get to experience this thing?…or, when the world recovers, should I just obtain a passport and visit Tokyo Disneyland to experience their Batb attraction?

2. matt says:

Systems like this and the one they are testing at Paris on some major rides are the reason I am unlikely to go back to a Disney park anywhere that have these systems.

Having to take my phone to a park (I prefer to leave them at the hotel or turned off and locked away somewhere especially given that I am from overseas from every Disney park) is not something I like to do and being forced to not only take my phone but still not be guaranteed to get on the major rides is a huge turn off.

which is a shame because I love the Disney parks

• Cody says:

Yes, what a massive joke that people are willing to pay admission for this BS. I would not be willing to pay for a “chance to experience” what I am paying for.

3. Rando Calwilsion says:

I wish we could have the lottery operate well in advance, so that you can be through the stages of grief before the day of. Or reserve it when you buy the tickets, so you know whether you even want to. I appreciate that you don’t have to get to the park early, but it’s a week until we’re scheduled to go, and it’s already stressing me out.

4. Jennifer says:

If they are disappearing in seconds Disney needs to do a lottery system well in advance for out of state/country visitors. That way you can book a day at a different Disney park. We are flying from Washington State in April to try and see this ride and this is our once in a lifetime trip and first time at WDW. It took years to save the money to go and we can’t afford to go annually like some families. If we can’t get a boarding pass out of 2 dedicated days in the park with park hopper down. It’s going to be a very sad day. Disney magic will have failed us.

5. Jean says:

I’m still crushed. I followed all the rules. I stayed positive after failing at the 7:00 a.m. slot. When I failed at the 1:00 slot too, I literally wanted to cry. I’m still quite angry. It’s not a park I would normally choose to go to because it’s lacking in adult thrill rides. I spent $400 for this and didn’t get it. To top it off, I couldn’t even get into the Cantina for a drink or a peek through the door. Screw Disney. Cheaters and robbers. Yep….still super angry.

6. Eric Giles says:

You had me in tears bro literally crying with laughter. ? You are absolutely funny af. Sorry you didnt get to ride you will in life I bet on it. Patience is a virtue my friend.

7. Phil says:

Just went through the same experience. They have got to come up with something better. There is no rhyme or reason to it, just the luck of the draw. I have been to WDW a bunch of times and I have never been so incredibly angry in my life. Not awesome at all. It should not be impossible to get on a particular ride unless it is closed. Still upset. Lots of others, too. Bad bad bad.

• Erica Merchant says:

Never been so incredibly angry in your life? Over a theme park attraction? No way, man. Really? Absurd.

8. Loser says:

I haven’t been in my life. And they deleted the pre show now anyway so why bother ever going to that park? With this stupid Covid. They ruined Disney completely for me.

9. Nonya says:

OMG BOO HOO

Get over yourself. “How to cope…” Gimme a break.

This is the problem with self-entitled people.

10. Will says:

I will be going in Mid September by myself. I wonder if it is easy to get in a boarding group if you are a solo rider?

• John says:

Hi Will, unfortunately I don’t have a definitive answer. In theory, being in a group would increase your odds as each member of the party would be trying to get a boarding group. However, I’m not sure if/how the system fills empty seats in odd-numbered parties. Regardless, I wish you the best of luck!