Busch Gardens Williamsburg Announces Halloween Harvest
While Virginia continues to limit theme park attendance as a method to limit COVID-19 exposures and outbreaks, Busch Gardens Williamsburg has gotten creative, creating multiple limited-time, limited-attendance (1,000 or less) events at the park. For those looking for a dose of “Howl-O-Scream,” Busch Gardens Williamsburg has you covered with the announcement of Busch Gardens Halloween Harvest, an all-new special event for the fall season.
On select dates from October 1-November 1, park guests can safely celebrate Halloween and all things fun during the day and creepy at night at this limited capacity outdoor event. Park guests will have the opportunity to experience 15 rides (including five roller coasters), contactless trick-or-treating for the kids, a pumpkin scavenger hunt and Halloween scares with physical distancing, as well as delicious seasonal dishes and drinks.
In compliance with Virginia’s phase 3 safety guidelines for reopening businesses, Busch Gardens Halloween Harvest will operate with enhanced health and safety protocols for cleaning and sanitizing, physical distancing, face covering requirements and temperature screenings. Special event capacity will be extremely limited to create ample space for guests to enjoy their experience, while maintaining physical distancing in a safe environment. Reservations and tickets will be available on Friday, Sept. 25 beginning at 11 a.m.
Busch Gardens Halloween Harvest will come alive and offer all-new experiences for the entire family as they stroll through the park’s expansive outdoor grounds. Six of the park’s charming European villages will be decked out with fall décor to add to the Halloween spirit, and roaming ghouls and goblins will be lurking in select areas of the park for nighttime fun. Here is what park guests can experience at this limited capacity special event.
- Apollo’s Chariot
- Loch Ness Monster
- Grover’s Alpine Express
- Finnegan’s Flyer
- Der Wirblewind
- Turkish Delight
- Battering Ram
- Flying Machine
- The Little Balloons
- The Little Gliders
- Multiple Rides inside Sesame Street Forest of Fun
- Festa Italia
- Sesame Street Forest of Fun
Also, park-goers can embark on a fall-inspired flavor journey and choose specialty foods and desserts, beers from around the world, and unique Halloween drink specials that will be spread out throughout the park’s themed villages. A sampling of the event will include offerings like:
- NEW! Best of Food & Wine Festival – offerings include Shrimp Po’boy, Fish and Chips, Cheddar Hushpuppies, Frozen Dirty Shirley and Ginger Limeade.
- NEW! The Brew Bar – a variety of beers including Spaten Oktoberfest and pretzel bites with beer cheese will be on tap at this location.
- NEW! Vesuvius Grill – menu includes Ruben Sliders, Meatballs, Frozen Lemonade and frosty draft beer.
- NEW! Marco Polo’s Marketplace – the menu is set with a variety of fan favorites including Italian and Asian entrées, plus Greek salads, roast beef sandwiches and beverages.
- NEW! Jack’s Night Cap – themed Halloween beverages will be offered here including Bloody Sangria, Green Demons, wine, syringes and test tube shots.
- NEW! Frost Bar – chilling beverages like the Vampire Bite, Bahummy Mummy, Bloody Daiquiris, Creepy Coladas and Boozy Pineapple Float will be on tap.
- NEW! Dessert Offerings – delectable Pineapple Whip, Scary ice cream cones, caramel apples and cheesecake with pumpkin spice sauce.
“Fall is a perfect time to visit the park and we’re thrilled to offer another limited-capacity special event that will showcase new villages and attractions we have not offered yet this year along with the greatest of Halloween experiences for all ages,” said Kevin Lembke, president of Busch Gardens Williamsburg. “We will continue operating with enhanced health and safety measures, and have created an event that safely delivers a compelling combination of exciting coasters and rides, seasonal food and drinks, and Halloween experiences for kids and adults.”
Busch Gardens Halloween Harvest event admission starts at only $49.99. Consumers can get the best deal with an online bundle of admission and a tasting card starting at $73.99 (includes five menu items) or $93.99 (includes 10 menu items).