Universal Orlando’s Citywalk To Partially Reopen May 14
Universal Orlando has announced the first steps towards re-opening their resort, which will begin with select venues at its CityWalk entertainment district. Starting Thursday, May 14, the following venues will be open at CityWalk from 4:00pm-10:00pm, daily.
Full-service restaurants and quick-service food locations:
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant and Market
- Jimmy Buffett’s® Margaritaville (outside & Lone Palm)
- Red Oven Pizza Bakery mobile ordering available
- Voodoo Doughnut mobile ordering available
- Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company (retail only)
- Universal Studios Store and select merchandise carts
Each restaurant will have a limited menu and limited seating available. Self-parking is complimentary. Valet parking is not available at this time. Subject to change.
At this time, Universal Orlando Resort’s Theme Parks and Hotels will remain closed through at least May 31. In addition, Blue Man Group, all nightclubs and Universal Cinemark will remain temporarily closed as well. Universal Orlando will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as needed. Additional venues may be added over time, and hours of operation are subject to change.
Important Information For A CityWalk Visit
Universal Orlando has announced that all team members and guests should follow all recommended CDC guidelines. In accordance with CDC guidelines, Universal Orlando has enhanced sanitization procedures and implemented additional measures for distance spacing and screening.
The following guidelines will be in place for visitors to CityWalk.
- Face covering required: Everyone is required to wear a face covering during their visit.
- Temperature check required: Temperature checks will be required upon arrival, and guests with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be admitted.
- Wash hands often: Wash your hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds.
- Social distancing: Practice social distancing and keep at least 6 feet (2 meters) between your travel party and others.
- Floor markings: When present, please stand on the floor markings until the group in front of you moves forward.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
Universal also notes that guests should keep in mind that the CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 and that all guests should evaluate their risk in determining whether to attend.
People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected, any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19, and Universal cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit.
What other safety measures are in place?
Universal Orlando is continuing to work closely with local health officials as well as their own health and safety experts and reference CDC guidelines to ensure the safety of Universal Team Members and guests during this limited opening of Universal CityWalk.
- All Team Members are undergoing temperature checks and will wear face coverings. Team Members with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be permitted to work.
- Limiting capacity at venues to help enforce social distancing. Universal has also placed signage throughout CityWalk to help guests follow social distancing guidelines.
- Continuously and thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting all tables, chairs and high-touch surfaces
- Offering cashless payments at all venues
Please Note: This announcement is just for Orlando. Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal CityWalk Hollywood also remain closed at this time.