Cedar Point Announces New Gold Pass, 150th Anniversary Celebration Details
From its humble beginnings as a picnic pavilion in 1870 to the park we know and love today as “America’s Rockin’ Roller Coast,” the last 150 years at Cedar Point have been simply amazing, and the park is ready to celebrate its 150th anniversary in style.
The biggest celebration in Cedar Point’s history is about to take place as the park celebrate its 150th anniversary during the entire 2020 season – and guests are cordially invited to the party.
In the coming months, Cedar Point promises to reveal additional surprises leading up to the park’s opening day in May.
But there are a few new tidbits that they shared, all of which are coming in 2020.
- A new nighttime celebration will take place along the Main Midway
- New (and throwback) food items are coming to tempt your taste buds
- Nostalgic merchandise and souvenirs will give a nod to the park’s historic past
- A reimagined Town Hall, complete with a more detailed look at Cedar Point history, will be waiting for you
- A river expedition for the entire family is set to launch into our waters
Cedar Point has also announced a new pass option for those who want to visit the park during the 150th anniversary celebration: A Gold Season Pass.
Compared to Cedar Point’s “old” season pass, the Cedar Point Gold Pass includes some fantastic perks, including 30 minutes of early ride time for Gold Passholders, Free Parking, and unlimited visits for the remainder of 2019. A Cedar Point Gold Pass will only cost $99 initially, and includes everything included in the platinum pass, exception for Platinum/Hotel Guest ERT (1 Hour instead of 30 minutes), free upgrades from Fast Lane to Fast Lane Plus, and admission to other Cedar Fair parks.
What are you most excited for during the 150th Anniversary of Cedar Point? Let us know in the comments below!