Coaster101.com 2019 Park Mania: Second Round
No Upsets In The First Round. What About Round 2?
Here at Coaster101, while we love a good bracket pool, we decided to have some fun with the bracket system this year, and bring back our annual event, this year (in an effort not to get a cease and desist letter) called Park Mania!
Just like the College Basketball tournament, we’ve included parks from across North America, divided into four 16-team geographic regions; East, West, Midwest and South.
However, instead of the parks facing off against each other, we’re going to let you, the readers of Coaster101.com decide your pick for your favorite park in North America! (Note: Parks were divided by geography, and loosely ranked on seed lines. We’re just having fun with this. PLEASE do not be offended by the rankings.)
We have updated our voting process slightly this year and are closely monitoring spikes in votes. We will not be reporting exact results on social media during this year’s Park Mania, and voting percentages will be hidden this year. While this might feel less “transparent,” there were concerns with fraudulent votes last year. We reserve the right to remove any potentially fraudulent votes from the results, which kind of defeats the purpose of this being fun. Bottom Line: Don’t cheat and ruin this for your favorite park and everyone else legitimately voting for them!
Each voting round will take place over several days, and the schedule will be as follows. We’ll create a post each day with new polls for voting. All voting will be done right here on Coaster101.com, and will end at 8:00pm Eastern Time on the specified date.
Play-In Game Voting: Sunday, March 17-Tuesday, March 19 RESULTS: CLICK HERE! Round One Voting: Wednesday, March 20-Saturday, March 23 RESULTS: CLICK HERE!
Round Two Voting: Sunday, March 24-Wednesday, March 27
Regional Semi-Final Voting: Thursday, March 28-Saturday, March 30
Regional Final Voting: Sunday, March 31-Tuesday, April 2
National Semi-Final Voting: Wednesday, April 3-Friday, April 5.
Championship Voting: Saturday, April 6-Monday, April 8
Winner Announced: Tuesday, April 9
Second Round Voting
There are 16 second round match-ups, 4 in each geographic region. Record your votes below. Voting will take place Sunday, March 24-Wednesday, March 27, and voting will end at approximately 8:00pm Eastern Time on Wednesday night.
1) Kings Island (89.05%) def 8) Worlds of Fun (10.95%)
5) Kentucky Kingdom (50.8%) def. 4) Canada’s Wonderland (49.2%)
3) Holiday World (60.6%) def. 6) Silver Dollar City (39.44%)
2) Cedar Point (84.4%) def. 7) Six Flags Great America (15.6%)
1) Universal Orlando (69.8%)def. 8) SeaWorld Orlando (30.2%)
4) Dollywood (60.8%) def 5) Busch Gardens Tampa (39.2%)
3) Carowinds (75.2%) def. 6) Six Flags Over Georgia (24.8%)
2) Walt Disney World (64.5%) def 7) Six Flags Fiesta Texas (35.5%)
1) Knott’s Berry Farm (82.6%) def. 8) LEGOLAND California (17.4%)
5) California’s Great America (68.4%) def. 4) Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (31.6%)
3) Six Flags Magic Mountain (79.2%) def 6) Lagoon (20.8%)
2) Disneyland Resort (61.7%) def. Universal Studios Hollywood (38.3%)
1) Hersheypark (89.1%) def. 8) Dorney Park (10.9%)
5) Kings Dominion (58%) def. 4) Six Flags Great Adventure (42%)
6) Kennywood (62.2%) def. 3) Six Flags New England (37.8%)
2) Busch Gardens Williamsburg (75.6%) def. 7) Knoebels (24.4%)
We’ll post the results on Wednesday Night, and Round 3 will begin on Thursday Morning!
Best of luck to all of the parks! Be sure to use #C101ParkMania to talk about Park Mania on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!