Disney Announces Opening Dates for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
According to the Disney Parks Blog, two of the most anticipated immersive theme park lands in history now have their opening dates. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is opening on May 31, 2019 at Disneyland Resort in Southern California and August 29 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.
The land will open gradually over two phases. On opening day for Phase One, you’ll be able to live your own Star Wars story and take the controls of the most famous ship in the galaxy aboard Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, sample galactic food and beverages, explore an intriguing collection of merchant shops and more.
And for Phase Two, opening later this year, will be Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, the most ambitious, immersive and advanced attraction ever imagined that will put guests in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance and will blur the lines between fantasy and reality. In light of tremendous demand, Disney made the decision to open the land in phases to allow guests to sooner enjoy the one-of-a-kind experiences that make Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge so spectacular.
Guests planning to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland park in California between May 31 and June 23, 2019 will need valid theme park admission and will be REQUIRED to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land. Information on how to make a reservation will be available at a later date on Disneyland.com and the Disney Parks Blog. Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels during these dates will receive a designated reservation to access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest); valid theme park admission is required.
A reservation will not be offered or required to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the Walt Disney World Resort at this time. And you should know that valid theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge after its opening on August 29, 2019. Capacity is limited. Additionally, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be available during Extra Magic Hours at Walt Disney World only. Details will also be available at a later date on Disneyworld.com and the Disney Parks Blog.
To keep guests updated on what’s to come leading up to the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the Disney Parks blog recently launched their exclusive “Building Batuu” story series and special Star Wars page filled with great stories.
Some quick, important details to help you start your planning:
- Park Admission
- Regular theme park admission is required to enter Disneyland Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- There will not be a separate ticket for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- To visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland park between May 31 and June 23, 2019, guests will need valid theme park admission and will be required to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land.
- Land Entry:
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be open during normal park operating hours.
- It will not be included in Extra Magic Hour or Magic Morning at Disneyland Park.
- It will be available during Extra Magic Hours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Disney FASTPASS service, including access via Disney MaxPass at Disneyland and Disney FastPass+ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will not initially be offered at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.
- Vacation packages, park tickets and Disney Resort hotel stays do not guarantee access to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- The land —including participation in its experiences—will be subject to capacity restraints and other restrictions.
Check out this new video for more details:
Reminder: Capacity for the parks, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences is limited. Access to the park, land and experiences may be restricted or unavailable depending on guest demand and other factors.
Are you headed to Disneyland to start lining up now? Let us know in the comments below!