2019 Knott’s Boysenberry Festival Details Announced
Knott’s Berry Farm announced the details for this year’s Boysenberry Festival. The festival is once again expanding, this year running for a full month from March 29 to April 28, every day.
The 2019 festival is going to have over 75 boysenberry inspired dishes from the Knott’s culinary team. As always it’ll be a mix of savory dishes that weave in some boysenberry flavors and special desserts and drinks.
There are a ton of new dishes at this years festival, including:
- Boysenberry dry rubbed flank steak with boysenberry cream cheese
- Boysenberry chili served in a boysenberry sourdough bread bowl (I can’t wait to see how purple that is)
- Boysenberry glazed salmon on a mixed green salad with a boysenberry vinagrette
- Spicy boysenberry habanero bake mac and cheese
- Boysenberry pulled pork tostada with coleslaw and a boysenberry drizzle
- Fresh-baked boysenberry waffles served with sweet maple boysenberry cream cheese syrup
- Boysenberry cinnamon sugar tortilla crisps served with boysenberry ice cream
There will no doubt be a few returning favorite items this year as well, and at least this years versions of boysenberry beer and wine. As in past years, tasting cards for $35 that allow 8 tastings from a variety of options will be available, and some of the items will be sold a la carte.
There will also be lots of live entertainment, boysenberry products from local crafters, and various boysenberry foods to take home (both from local Southern California food producers and from the park itself). I always end up leaving with some kind of Boysenberry products (bbq sauce, honey, peanut brittle, etc.).
All the details about this years food and entertainment can be found at the Knott’s Boysenberry Festival website. Also, check out my favorite things from last years festival. You should also check out our interview with Knott’s Berry Farm entertainment producer Eric Nix, where we learn about everything that goes into putting on events like the Boysenberry Festival.