Coaster101 Photo Contest 2018: Enter Your Best Coaster Photos
Break out your cameras — Coaster101’s annual roller coaster photography contest has arrived!
This year, we have three entry categories: “original,” “edited” and the new-for-2018: “coaster-less” (keep reading for details about each). See below for more information on each category and contest rules.
Photo entries will be accepted through Saturday, September 22, 2018. You can enter by using the form at the bottom of this page.
Learn more about this year’s entry categories:
Photo Entry Categories
These photos should not be noticeably altered. Minor retouching is acceptable, as are black-and-white photos.
These photos should showcase extensive editing and/or special effects achieved through photo editing software. Please do not add text to the photo.
3. New for 2018: the Coaster-less Category
These “coaster-less” photos must be taken at an amusement or theme park, but the photos themselves cannot have a roller coaster in the frame. The focus should be on something else: a flat ride, food, a show, etc. — be as creative as you’d like! But of course, always abide by park rules.
Note: we reserve the right to omit photos from this category should we not be able to determine whether or not they were actually taken at a park.
Rules & Information
- Entries will be accepted through Saturday, September 22, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- Participants may submit one photo per category.
- Photos may be no larger than 2mb in size.
- Photos must be submitted in the JPEG (.JPG or. JPEG) format.
- The photo submitted must have been taken by the person submitting the entry form below.
- Entries in the original and edited categories should contain at least one roller coaster in the photo.
- Do not add text to any photos.
- Entries in the coaster-less category should not contain a roller coaster in the photo.
- No park rules may be broken during the taking of the photos. If a park doesn’t allow on-ride photography, then do not submit an on-ride photo.
- By entering a photo, the photographer agrees to allow Coaster101 to (1) post the photo on Coaster101.com, Coaster101’s social media pages (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and (2) use the photo for future photo contest promotions.
Need help resizing your photos?
For all device users, try the simple and free Optimizilla image compression tool to optimize your photos without reductions in quality.
iPhone users, you can either email the photo to yourself (choosing a lower file size when prompted) or use a simple resizing app such as “Image Size” which is free on the App Store.
Android users, a similar Photo & Picture Resizer app is available for free on Google Play.
Two winners will be named for each of the three categories: one determined by readers’ votes and the other selected by the Coaster101 team.
Winners will receive a Coaster101 prize pack including prizes from parks across the country and a print of their winning photo!
Voting will begin soon after the entry period concludes and will last for one week. Readers’ choice winners will be determined by votes gathered via a Facebook image gallery for each category. Every “like” a photo receives will count as one vote.
Enter Your Photo
Enter using the form below. Entries will be accepted through Saturday, September 22, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. CST.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to leave a question in the comments section below or contact us.
See last year’s winning photographs here.
Need tips for taking that perfect theme park picture? Read our two-part series on park photography tips and tricks:
Best of luck, photographers!