New Kids Areas Coming to Frontier City and Six Flags Mexico
As part of their annual capital announcement, Six Flags announced several new additions for two parks in the chain: Six Flags Mexico, and the recently re-acquired Frontier City.
Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends at Six Flags Mexico
Coming in 2019 to Six Flags Mexico, the park is advertising “two completely new and renovated sections for the 2019 season, new children’s areas themed with the most emblematic and favorite characters of our visitors, DC Super Friends and Bugs Bunny Boomtown.” (Admittedly, my Spanish isn’t great, and I’m relying on google translate a lot here.)
The DC Super Friends area will feature six total attractions, three of them completely new. Bugs Bunny Boomtown will also receive three new attractions, bringing the total in that area to eight.
The list of attractions in each area are as follows (all descriptions from Google translate):
- DC Super Friends
- Batman Baticopteros, fly very high since you will have the opportunity to help save Gotham City.
- Super Hero Girls, a classic wheel of fortune on a tour accompanied by these powerful Super Heroines.
- The Penguin, this villain is going to want to take control of your route making you turn unexpectedly at high speed.
- The Villains of Gotham City, fly with your favorite villains and take control of the City.
- Joker and Harley Quinn , a new and innovative family experience.
- Superman Kripton Coaster, the favorite roller coaster of all the little lovers of adrenaline, in which you will travel 207 meters of tracks at a speed of 45 kilometers per hour.
- Note: This is a re-theme of Six Flags Mexico’s “Roller” Junior Vekoma Coaster.
- Bugs Bunny Boomtown
- Pato Lucas Blaster, a wild and crazy battle of family water.
- The Taz Tornado, when taking the flight with Taz, a wild adventure awaits you as if you were in a tornado.
- Marvin the Marciano: Space Adventure, this will be your first trip to Mars in the company of the family.
- The Elmer Balloons, an opportunity to navigate and discover new adventures.
- The Flying School of Sam Whiskers, takes off in the air in this high-flying adventure that allows small pilots to fly their own planes.
- Looney Tunes Adventure Camp, an interactive place with Bugs Bunnyand all the characters of the Looney Tunes .
- Coyote & Correcaminos, a trip in huge trucks will help Wile E. Coyoteto try to capture the Road Runner.
- The Mini Tower of Silvestre, a journey of 6 meters up and down.
“Six Flags is recognized worldwide for its unparalleled collection of roller coasters and attractions for all ages,” said Vice President of International Development David McKillips. “These two new themed spaces with the powerful brand of DC Superheroes and the even more famous Looney Tunes brand, will give the whole family hours of endless fun with unique attractions.”
Timber Town at Frontier City
Frontier City, announced plans for an exciting, interactive new kids’ area that will be home to adorable new characters for the 2019 season. The all-new Timber Town will feature four new, innovative attractions, designed especially for the young thrill-seekers, plus enchanting new theming and fresh, reimagined updates for the original children’s classic rides.
- Frankie’s Mine Train, a family coaster as wild as the West itself;
- Billy’s Frog Hopper, a fully interactive jumping ride that will take families up, down, and all-around;
- Rocky’s Ranger Planes, a classic spinning ride that will take kids to new heights, and;
- Sheldon’s Sea Adventure, an innovative family ride combining a unique blend of rocking and whirling motions.
- Lovable characters like Bucky the Beaver, Hootie the Owl, and Bubba the Bear are also making their way to Timber Town to help put a new spin on original favorites, including Patricia’s Tea Cup Twirl, Hootie’s Tree House, Bucky’s Whistlestop Depot, and Bubba’s Honey Swings.
In addition, just in time in time to ring in the season with family and friends, Six Flags’ signature holiday extravaganza, Holiday in the Park will make its debut at Frontier City for the 2018 winter season. It’s the most magical time of the year filled with enchanting experiences that will help create those special family traditions. The park will be transformed into a winter wonderland featuring a variety of delightful and interactive activities to capture the holiday spirit. On select days from November 23 through January 6, guests can experience their favorite rides and attractions combined with many new specialties that capture the magic of the holidays.
These kids areas will open in 2019. For more information, be sure to visit Six Flags Mexico’s and Frontier City’s websites.