Holiday World to add 8 new slides, wave pool, and more in 2018
Christmas comes early in the town of Santa Claus as Holiday World announces a package full of goodies for their 2018 season.
“We’re adding a fun elephant-themed water-play area for younger children,” says park president Matt Eckert. “When we discovered the Swahili word for elephant is Tembo, we named our new slide complex Tembo Falls and the junior wave pool Tembo Tides.”
Holiday World will invest a total of $3.5 million in new attractions and other improvements for 2018, including:
- Tembo Falls – a water slide complex with eight junior slides, including twisters, a helix, a mini-bowl, and two racing slides
- Tembo Tides – a junior wave pool plus spray features for younger children
- Huge Dracula Themed Maze in Pilgrim’s Plaza for Happy Halloween Weekends
- All new entertainment, including a stunt show, musical magic show, and strolling brass band
- Track improvements for The Voyage, the world’s second-longest wooden roller coaster
- Riverside Retreats – mini cabanas in Splashin’ Safari
- Electric Car Charging Station
“Tembo Falls and Tembo Tides are designed for children who are under 54 inches tall,” says Eckert, “but their older siblings and parents are welcome to enjoy the slides and wave pool with them.”
Tembo Falls/Tides will be located right next to Kima Bay and Wildebeestro.
What are your thoughts on the new additions to Holiday World in 2018?