Joker 4D Coaster Opening at Six Flags over Texas in 2017
Six Flags over Texas will Joker, a fourth-dimension (4D) free-spin coaster in 2017, the park announced today.
Joker is a S&S Worldwide “Free Spin” coaster. According to S&S’s website, the 4D Free Spin coaster model “utilizes magnetic technology to induce and control spinning” and features “three layers of vertically stacked track feature speed bumps and two beyond vertical raven drops.”
Each train seats eight riders with four on each side of the track. Riders are seated back-to-back, so riders can see each other flip as they navigate through the course of the coaster.
According to the park, Joker will feature:
- Massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design;
- One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track;
- 4-D wing vehicles that seat up to 8 per vehicle with a total of 5 vehicles;
- Face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head-over-heels;
- A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift; and
- Two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling.
“We are excited to continue our partnership with the DC brand because it resonates well with our guests, plus The Joker is undeniably one of the greatest Super-Villains of all time,” said Steve Martindale, Six Flags Over Texas park president.
“The unpredictability and gravity-defying somersaults on this award-winning, spinning vertical coaster is the perfect addition to our already impressive coaster line-up.”
For more information, visit Six Flags over Texas’ website.
What do you think about Six Flags over Texas’ 2017 plans? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.