Carowinds’ Coasters: From Tame to Thrilling

1. Rcr22 says:

My first roller coaster was the Tennessee Tornado at Dollywood. After I overcame my fear of coasters on this Arrow looper, I was prepared for Millennium Force at Cedar Point. After riding that, I was ready for anything. Thanks for the post!

2. Andrew D. says:

My first roller coaster was Maverick at Cedar Point, which is still right up there among the most intense coasters I’ve ever ridden. Do you think there’s value in starting off with an intermediate or very intense ride (height-permitting), just to prove to yourself that you can handle anything?

3. Andrew says:

@Andrew D: Everyone is different. Some people need to wade in the shallow end while others do a cannonball off the high dive. Sounds like you did the latter.

4. BuffaloGoal says:

My first coaster was the Viper at Darien Lake. Thought we were in the line for the Batman show and got tricked into going for the big boy rides!

5. Nikki says:

My first coaster was also at Dollywood. It was the wild eagle.

6. ipad2 case says:

Outstanding post, you have pointed out some good details, I believe this is an excellent
    web site.

7. I like Intimidator more as Fury. Intimidator is my Favorite Steel Coaster without Inversions. Maverick is my Favorite Coaster with 2 Launches. I know around 200 Parks thru out the World. My Favorite Woody stands at Beach Bend Park…

8. Kevin says:

My First coaster was ThunderRoad I can’t believe they ripped it out all These new Rides are always breaking Down:( regardless of what was said to be wrong with ThunderRoad was not it wouldn’t have been last rides allowed otherwise

9. Henry says:

Went on the fury and the intimidator but I’m terrified of inversion coasters… how worried should i be?

10. Andrew says:

@Henry — No reason to be terrified at all! If you can handle Fury 325 and Intimidator, you’ve been on 2 of the 3 most terrifying coasters Carowinds has to offer. (Plus, once you go upside down for the first time, it becomes kind of addicting 😉 )