Park Photography Tips & Tricks: Part 2 – Editing & Sharing

1. rcr22 says:

Wow! Thanks so much for those two posts! You helped me a TON!

2. rcr22 says:

I have been looking for an inexpensive and lightweight point-and-shoot camera to take with me on park trips. Do you have any suggestions or recommendations?

3. Larry says:

For something small, I’d recommend Canon’s PowerShot lineup. Any of their SX or G lineup would work well. I’d avoid their N, A, and ELPH lineups as those are pretty cheap cameras and do not produce very good images. You’ll just have to find one that’ll work with your budget. http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras

4. Carter says:

Thank you for writing these, they really have helped me a lot! I have a Canon PowerShot SX520 HS and it works great with a good resolution as well. Can’t wait to get back out there and take some great photos!

5. rcr22 says:

Thanks Larry. That was very helpful, but I wish that there was a camera out there that was both compact enough to slip in a pocket while having decent quality. And I don’t want to spend much over $300. I liked the specs on the Canon Powershot SX170, except a review said that it was bad for capturing fast subjects. Any thoughts?

6. Larry says:

They’re out there, but of course, it’s going to be out of your price range. The SX170 is actually an older model that will be replace here shortly by a new one, the SX410 IS. http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-SX410-IS-Black/dp/B00T3ER1OW/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

I did have a similar camera, the SX20 IS, and yeah, it was a fairly slow camera, but I still got some pretty good shots from it. That was purchased back in 2008 and these kind of cameras have taken a step-up from what they used to be, but you’re not going to get the speed or the image quality that a DSLR is going to get without spending a lot more money. The SX410 IS will be a good starting camera thought!

7. rcr22 says:

It looks like a reasonable camera, but will it fit in my pocket? It doesn’t appear to be that compact. Its dimensions will be “4.17 x 5.71 x 6.3 inches.” Maybe what I’m looking for doesn’t exist: A $300 pocket-sized quality camera. 🙂

8. Edward Smith says:

Great article. The other day I send 3000+ pictures from my vacation with Binfer. No Kidding. It’s a amazing tool for sending pictures with ease. A nice photo sharing tool to add to the list.