We’re Looking for California and Florida Correspondents
Do you live in Southern California or Central Florida? Do you enjoy visiting the parks in your “neck of the woods?” Then we have an exciting opportunity for you.
We’re on the lookout for two new Coaster101 Correspondents: one from Southern California and another from Central Florida to broadcast updates from the parks in their respective region.
We’re looking for “on the ground” coaster enthusiasts who frequent the Disney, Universal and other big-name parks in these areas.
So what exactly does the job of a Coaster101 Correspondent entail? You’ll be posting regular (at least twice a month) updates from the parks in your region.
These updates do not necessarily have to be from within the park, as you’ll also be responsible for posting news items and press releases from the parks in your region. But ideally, the correspondent would have a season pass to at least one of the parks they cover, allowing them to visit semi-regularly.
So what’s in it for you? Benefits of joining the Coaster101 team include:
- Your work seen by thousands of readers each week
- Access to media-only roller coaster events
- Invites to special coaster enthusiast-exclusive events
- Extended ride time on your favorite roller coasters at select events
- Free Coaster101 apparel
- Working with a motivated team of people who love roller coasters
- Resume-building skills such as experience with the Wordpress blogging platform, writing, editing, posting social media content and more
What do we ask of applicants?
- You love roller coasters (that’s a given).
- You travel to amusement parks (in your region) at least a few times each year.
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- You should have a basic understanding of the English language and grammar (familiarity with AP Style or prior experience writing online is a plus).
- You have the time to contribute at least two posts on the website per month.
- You can provide a link to a writing, video, etc. sample of previous work (doesn’t necessarily have to be related to roller coasters).
If either of these positions interest you, apply using the form below:
You can see all Coaster101 Team openings and apply here.