New Game: Roller Coaster Rampage
Gamers, there is a new roller coaster simulation game on the market: Roller Coaster Rampage. The game, to be released for PC on June 19th, 2012, will allow players to compete against others to build the best coaster.
From the press release:
“Roller Coaster Rampage revolutionizes the coaster genre by introducing on-the-fly track construction and deformations. In prior games, the coaster riding was a passive, non-interactive experience. Roller Coaster Rampage introduces an innovative approach where players leave behind a trail of procedurally generated coaster track and supports; you can now build the track as your coaster flies through the world! Players compete against each other to gain the highest score on the leaderboards! While building their coaster, players gain points through collecting gems, smashing through destructible objects, linking to track sections, and performing manual stunts! Roller Coaster Rampage integrates stereoscopic 3D technology, compatible with most 3D TV’s, and also supports D-Box motion simulator chairs, giving players the most immersive simulated coaster experience possible!”
The game will add an interesting dynamic of interactivity and competition to the current selection of coaster games on the market.
Some Roller Coaster Rampage Key Features:
- Campaign mode with 30 fast paced challenges of increasing difficulty.
- Build your track rails in realtime through a specialized procedural game engine.
- Perform crazy stunts like corkscrews barrel rolls, outside loops, inverted loops, and more!
- Link to existing tracks including cobra rolls, loops, helix, bat wing, inverted batwing, and more!
- Soar off mammoth jumps for an extra intense, front seat, replay experience.
- Addictive gameplay with preferred and alternate paths for an extended replay experience.
- Free Ride mode for simply creating wild coasters to upload to the Steam community.
- When finished, take a front seat ride in your custom coaster design.
- Upload your finished coaster to Steam Workshop for community download.
- In game Global/Friends Leaderboard support along with Achievements and Stats.
- 3D stereoscopic support including 3D Vision, side by side, and above/below modes.
- Custom RGB settings for rail, support, and tie colors.
- Realtime procedural track and support generation with specialized AI.
- Realistic procedural trees with dynamic wind effects.
- Beautiful water effects with reflection and refraction.
- High Dynamic Range lighting effects.
Check out the some photos of the game in action below:
Interested in more information? Visit: http://www.rcrgame.com/
The game will be released for PC on June 19th, 2012 and will be available for purchase on Steam. We can’t wait to take the game for a test run.