Coaster101 Photo Contest 2017: Enter Your Photos
Calling all amateur and professional photographers! It’s time to enter your best photographs in Coaster101’s annual roller coaster photo contest!
Like last year, we have three entry categories: “original,” “edited” and “Instagram.” See below for more information on each category and contest rules.
Photo entries will be accepted through Saturday, July 22, 2017. You can enter by using the form at the bottom of this page.
Photo Entry Categories
These photos should not be noticeably altered. Minor retouching is acceptable, as are black-and-white photos.
These photos should showcase extensive editing and/or special effects achieved through photo editing software.
Enter a photo straight from the Instagram mobile photo-sharing platform. You must submit a link to your Instagram photo for this category.
NOTE: Instagram videos (including Boomerang videos) are not allowed.
Rules & Information
- Photos may be entered through Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- Participants may submit one photo per category.
- A photo can only be entered into one category (you can’t enter an Instagram photo into the Original category as well).
- Photos may be no larger than 2mb in size.
- Photos must be submitted in the JPEG (.JPG or. JPEG) format.
- The photo submitted must have been taken by the entrant.
- Entries should contain at least one roller coaster in the photo.
- No park rules may be broken during the taking of the photos. If a park doesn’t allow on-ride photography then do not submit an on-ride photo.
- By entering a photo, the photographer agrees to allow Coaster101 to (1) post the photo on Coaster101.com, C101’s social media pages (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and (2) use the photo for future photo contest promotions.
Need help resizing your photos?
For all device users, I recommend using the simple and free Optimizilla image compression tool to optimize your photos without reductions in quality.
iPhone users, you can either email the photo to yourself (choosing a lower file size when prompted) or use a simple resizing app such as “Image Size” which is free on the App Store.
Android users, a similar Photo & Picture Resizer app is available for free on Google Play.
Voting will begin soon after the entry period concludes and will last for one week. Voters will choose their favorite photo from each category (one vote per category).
The Coaster101 team will select 10 photos entered in the “Instagram” category to be posted on our Instagram page, where additional votes can be earned for each “like” the photo receives. Instagram entries can also earn votes on the website.
There will be two winners for the original and edited categories: one determined by readers’ votes and the other selected by the Coaster101 team. The Instagram category will have one winner as voted on by readers.
Winners will receive a Coaster101 prize pack including prizes from parks across the country, a print of their winning photo and a $25 Visa gift card!
Enter Your Photo
Enter using the form below. Entries will be accepted through Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to leave a question in the comments section below or contact us.
See last year’s winning photographs here.
Need tips for taking that perfect theme park picture? Read our two-part series on park photography tips and tricks:
Best of luck to all who are entering!