Six Flags over Georgia Update

1. Matthew Nelson says:

Did you ride Batman? I visit this park 2 to 3 times a year and it was the absolute WORST ride on Batman I have ever experienced. It was incredibly loud and shook the whole time. Did you think the same?

2. John says:

Matthew, it was without a doubt the loudest B&M that I can remember. But as far as roughness goes, I didn’t find it to be any rougher than the B:TR at Six Flags Great America which I ride frequently.

3. Brandon says:

Great review, thanks for posting! My first job was at SFOG and I can’t wait to go back and visit soon!

4. Brandon says:

I was on the opening crew at BTR at SFOG and when we first opened it was really nice, smooth and quiet like you’d expect. About a year or so into it being open it started making loud noises especially on the lift hill and they could never get the air cooling system in the que building working right lol..

5. Rob says:

Just as an FYI – Lickskillet is the actual name of a town that was just acoss the river from where Six Flags now stands.

6. Zach says:

I felt the same way you did about Dare Devil. I was slightly disappointed. B:TR at Great America is the roughest of the 7 I’ve ridden, so I’m not surprised you didn’t find it rough at SFoG.

7. Eric says:

I went to Six Flags Over Georgia on April 8, and I noticed the broken chain on Ninja’s lift hill. I saw that Thunder River was closed, but was told that it would open in mid-May… and saw the test dummies on the new SkyScreamer ride. Batman was only operating 1 train that day, and I’m assuming the 2nd train being serviced. I will miss riding Wheelie. I could have pictured Wheelie being housed in the French section, and SFOG doing away with that pool show area next to Wile E. Coyote Canyon Blaster and Splash Water Falls.

I saw that Splash Water Falls was open, and I’ve noticed on the down hill portion where the boats produce the splash for the park guests on the bridge appearing to have a noticable leak underneath, and the splashes on the bridge not being big enough. Don’t know if SFOG has plans to refurbish that water ride anytime soon.

Another thing that seems to have caught my attention… rumor of Acrophobia closing at the end of the 2013 season. I do pray and hope that rumor is false, because I love that ride… hope that SFOG will keep it for many more years to come.

As for 2014 season. I wouldn’t mind seeing SFOG getting Green Lantern coaster, identical to that of Six Flags Magic Mountain or identical to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom’s Superman coaster, and it replace the Thomas Town/Whistlestop Park attraction… and SFOG also getting Lex Luthor free-fall drop ride (identical to Magic Mountain, without the Superman: Escape From Krypton coaster), and it replace the Dodge City Bumper Cars next to the existing Superman coaster. Don’t know if SFOG is possibly looking to upgrade Cyclone and/or Scream Machine to hybrids in the near future.

8. Delacey says:

Eric^ when and where and how did you here that rumor???

9. Eric says:

I seem to remember seeing a closure date posted on the Acrophobia rides Wikipedia page a few weeks ago… which has since been removed and corrected. Just hope it may have been some sort of false alarm. Other than Acrophobia being a great idea that I like riding… I believe it’s destined to be a classic.

10. Tina says:

This park is a dump. this is the last year I will fork over money for season tickets. they treat Atlanta like 3rd class citizens.