Theme Park Studio, a brand new amusement park design game, is coming soon to a computer near you. Although the game is still in development, Theme Park Studio’s creators have revealed new details about what players can expect when the game launches:
“Theme Park Studio merges all the flexibility of an advanced coaster design tool, with a full graphics’ engine, rich with powerful features and technologies. ‘Oasis’ is Pantera Entertainment’s custom graphics’ engine used in video games and medical software, for the serious games industry. We exhibited our technology at the Game Developers Conference and the Austin Game Conference. Many of its features have been integrated into Theme Park Studio, providing unprecedented control over the theme park design process.”
The above screenshot shows what players can expect interface-wise when Theme Park Studio launches.
Some of Theme Park Studio’s features include:
- Custom coaster creation. Players can bend, pull, and stretch coasters into any design they wish. Prefabricated templates are provided as helpers, if desired
- Mesh importing: Build your own environmental objects and import them for maximum customization. You can also publish your objects on our server for a royalty share.
- Particle Effects: Full integration of the ‘Oasis’ particle effects system allows players to create everything from waterfalls, weather effects, explosions, and much more. Particles can have triggers for setting up shows like coasters jumping through rings of fire and splashing through water.
- Scripting: Build your own mini games.
- Networked: When finished, you can publish your game to our server, allowing the world to experience your custom theme park.
- Terrain Engine: Import your own height maps and textures to create stunning landscapes.
- Water: Control water parameters like speed, level, color, and ripple size.
- Animation: Integrated animation engine allows players to setup animated characters like people, animals, etc..
- Vegetation: ‘Oasis’ features an advanced vegetation engine. Our proprietary technology allows players to build everything from grass to elaborate oaks. Trees are procedurally generated and can be controlled by custom wind and turbulance settings. This technology has been integrated into Theme Park Studio
Like Theme Park Studio on Facebook for updates as the game develops.
We can’t wait to try it out! Share your thoughts about Theme Park Studio in the comments section below.