Cedar Point Announces GateKeeper for 2013

1. Steve says:

This is revelatory. It’s what the front gate has been waiting silently for since time immemorial. It’s beautiful. Looks so fun too. Lifts right up on the beach of a great lake, soars over the entrance, reaches across to the oldest roller coaster in the park and then makes it’s flight back home. I even like the MCBR because it’s heading right towards the water. The finale swoops and landing even look good. Perfect. Thanks for sharing! This is exactly what I’ve been waiting for and it’s better then anything I had thought of for a front of the park ride. Made my night.

2. mr dude says:

i saw the picture it looks so much better than x-flight. i thought x-flight would be better but it seems like cedar point can copy a ride and make it 10x better. i used to want to go to cedar point just for top thrill dragster and maverick mostly but now i wanna just go there and ride that with a fast lane.

3. Nick says:

That looks awesome! Better than I was expecting. Now please, please, please let there be separate load and unload stations.

4. anonymous says:

sick. I love how the ride has 2 flythroughs and not 1 like x-flight (great ride by the way). I WANT TO GO TO CEDAR POINT!!!!!!!

5. Evan says:

I think it’s a good move for the park! It looks like an excellent addition and I’ll definitely be booking a trip to the park next summer!

6. James Leslie says:

This means that Cedar Point will have an awesome front gate for the same reason that Canada’s Wonderland now does! :)

7. mr dude says:

u guys know its called gatekeeper cause the ride goes above the gate to the park and evan u r so lucky to get to go there and ride gatekeeper and everything else thats there

8. Spritzo says:

Thank god I only live an hour and a half away!

9. devin says:

this rideee loookkksssssss amazinggg i love cedar pointtt this year ive already gone 18 times!!!!!!!!

10. mr dude says:

u guys are all s lucky ive never been to cp but i go to great america so ive been on x flight

11. evan says:

I can’t wait to ride it! It looks so cool with so many elements. Its. sure to be an amazing ride. I just wish I could ride it RIGHT NOW!

12. Brandon Caruso says:

YEEEHAW Ive been a guest at Cedar Point for 14 years and Ihave never seen anything bigger and better than this and I live 5 minutes away from the park. I CANT WAIT FOR GATEKEEPER 2013

13. Sara says:

I can’t wait I go there every year!

14. Andre says:

Holy shit that ride is pretty darn fast

15. rebecca says:

i am getting on that ride next year i don’t want to but i have to and i am going to if i don’t pass out

16. Sally says:

Andrea, don’t use the s word, I mean really there could be a 7 year old who knows how to read sees what you put, then turn around and say it and get in alot alot of trouble.

17. C. J. says:

The rides looks amazing! It is really fast and really long length wise. I want to get to Cedar Point just so that I can ride GateKeeper! Thank you Cedar Point for putting in another awesome new attraction!!!!!

18. Edward Lewis says:

ill be working there so no need for me to buy season passes or fast lane passes im going to ride it reguardless..

19. Maddy raquel says:

Im not a big fan of roller coasters but boy im ready to ride the gate keeper may 22nd!! SO EXCITED :-)

20. belieber says:

OMGhave to go on it.

what i need to know is how tall and how much you have to wegh

21. Beth Roesner says:

Gatekeeper was awesome! That was the first ride we rode as soon as we got in the gate. Loved it!!!